Nominating/Search Committee Update: Diocesan Profile is now live: The Diocesan Profile is now live as of Friday February 1, 2019. You can access it from the link on the Diocesan website, www.diosova.org. We encourage you all to do two things:
- Look over the profile and see how much of what we learned from the questionnaire responses and the listening sessions is reflected in it;
- Please send emails out to people you know who you feel can help to spread the word. Include the diocesan website address in the email so that they have access to the profile. The Nominating/Search committee sending notices out to as wide a range of places as possible but we hope that you will assist us in “spreading the word”.
Thank your your prayers and support for this process.
Pam Pringle, Chair, Nominating/Search Committee
St. Matthias Cultural Series: Daisuke Yamamoto – Sunday, March 10 at 4 p.m.: at St. Matthias, Midlothian. St. Matthias’ Cultural Series offers programs featuring music and art throughout the year, providing visual arts and performing arts at the same event. On March 10, Richmond Symphony’s Daisuke Yamamoto, Concertmaster and Violinist, will perform a recital and visual artist for the event will be jewelry designer Laura Michael. Details about this season’s performances can be found here.
Anglican Frontier Missions – Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.: AFM cordially invites you to join us for our rescheduled service of Thanksgiving and Recommitment to the Largest and Least Reached Peoples as we celebrate 25 years of ministry. Childcare is provided. Reception with lunch and fellowship will follow.
Please visit AFM’s website to register: https://anglicanfrontiers.com/25-year-anniversary
The Rev. Chris Royer, Executive Director of AFM
The Rev. Canon Tad de Bordenave, Founder of AFM
The Most Rev. Dr. Foley Beach, Archbishop and Primate of the ACNA
Celebrant: The Most Rev. Dr. Foley Beach
Place: Eternity Church; 1200 Wilmington Ave, Richmond, VA 23227
Childcare is provided—register below
Reception with lunch and fellowship to follow
GSES Chili Cook-Off & Auction – Saturday, March 23 – 5:30 p.m.: We hope to see you in the Parish Hall at GSES. Event tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the door.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Chili Cook-Off & Auction
- You can bid on your next vacation including a weekend trip to Washington DC, a weekend at Wintergreen or a week long get-away to Lake Tahoe in June.
- There will be plenty of adult beverages and delicious chili to tempt your taste buds.
- During the live auction you can bid on fabulous, one-of-a-kind artwork created by the students of GSES.
- It’s an amazing opportunity to taste the spectrum of chili possibilities prepared by members of our school community and local restaurants, including Positive Vibe Café and O’Toole’s.
- Every dollar raised supports the students of GSES…and there really isn’t a better reason than that!
Open House at Chanco – Saturday, March 30: Chanco on the James, Surry. Calling friends of Chanco of all ages! Join us from 1 to 5 p.m. to visit Chanco. Enjoy tours, refreshments, games, and meet some of our Chanco staff and board members. This event is free and open to the public. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-7CHANCO (888-724-2626).
Stainer’s “The Crucifixion” – St. John’s, Chester – Sunday, March 31 – 4:00 p.m.: This work is a meditation on the Sacred Passion of the Holy Redeemer; Stainer wrote the oratorio in 1886-87 with the intention that the piece would be within the scope of most parish choirs. It was dedicated to, and first performed by the choir of St. Marylebone Parish Church, London, on February 24, 1887, the day after Ash Wednesday. Today, it is heard during Lent in many churches of the Anglican Communion. St. John’s is located at 12201 Richmond St.
Good Shepherd School Box Tops and Kroger Points: The school collects box tops for cash which can be found on many cereals, Betty Crocker, Annie’s, Nature Valley, Zip-lock, Hefty and many other products. There is a box for these on top of the mailboxes in the church library.
Help earn money for Good Shepherd every time you shop at Kroger! Simply link your rewards card to the school account number WJ444, and the school will receive a payment for points earned on your rewards card. Please note this is a new number and different from last year. Please visit the website http://www.kroger.com to sign up.
We are in the process of coordinating with Publix as well. Stay tuned!
Redemption Books Now Open: Come celebrate our opening! Redemption Books is the community face of the Richmond Center for Christian Study. We carry books and DVDs on worldview, apologetics, culture and theology, including Bibles, Children’s section and Used section (book donations always accepted). Tuesday-Friday 11:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. 3008 Stony Point Road (next to Gelati Celesti). 330-2812.
Diocese of Southern Virginia on Instagram: The Diocese of Southern Virginia is now on Instagram! Follow us @Diosova.