I’m looking for people to serve in the three capacities listed below. Each position is a two-year appointment, with the possibility to “re-up” for another two years if things are going well and you have the energy to continue. There will be a vestry person to serve as liaison for each position. Please let me know if you are interested.
The job description is to continue and develop the work that Kathy Day has done so faithfully for the last five years:
- Oversee our current outreach efforts with Caritas, Church Hill Games, Stop Hunger Now
- Explore new outreach ministries
- In general, promote outreach and find ways to increase involvement by our members
We have an excellent web site master, and Darlene effectively handles weekly email announcements and the Facebook Pages. We’re looking for someone who can help us with signage, advertising, and other media that will help us to promote Good Shepherd to the wider community.
- Work with Darlene to oversee scheduling
- Recruit and training new ushers
- Provide leadership for special services
Ways to Become Involved in Parish Life
Building and Grounds
- Grounds care: cut grass and maintain borders; both monthly duties and/or special work days
- Coffee time: bring snack, set up, clean up, etc. once a month
- Receptions and meals: help prepare food and set up for weddings, funerals, and special events.
- Transportation: pick up and take home parishioners who cannot drive
Christian Education for children and youth
- Nursery: welcome parents and care for children – ages 0-4 during service, etc. (asst. paid staff person)
- Children’s Chapel: prepare and deliver messages with interactive activity, based on the lectionary readings for Sunday; do the sermon for children ages 5-8.
- Youth Group: work with students in grades 6th – 12th to provide opportunities for service and fun
Study and Fellowship
- Adult Education on Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m.
- Men’s Bible Study on Friday morning at 7:00 a.m.
- Women’s Bible Study on Thursday afternoon at 5:30 p.m.
- Lenten dinners and study
- Newcomers’ gatherings
- New Member classes
- Confirmation preparation