For the first-time Sunday morning visitor, our worship services can be exhilarating … or confusing. Services often involve standing, sitting, kneeling, sung or spoken responses — all of which may provide a challenge for the first-time visitor. In general, our worship:
• Follows the Book of Common Prayer,* the Episcopal Church’s prayer book
• Involves the whole congregation
• Employs a variety of music styles, from traditional hymns to contemporary praise songs, from classical pieces to bluegrass
• Balances “Word” and “Sacrament,” including a sermon and Holy Communion
• Welcomes all baptized Christians — no matter age or denomination — to participate in communion.
For more information about what we do on Sundays, check out this “Annotated Order of Service,” which explains the reason for the various parts of the worship service. We also have a Tuesday Morning Prayer service. Service Times